Saturday, February 14, 2009

XOXOXO & A New Challenge

Supplies:CS-SU CS Bliss Blue & DP Paper Pizazz
Stamps-Frog/Colorbox Friendly Forest, Dragon Fly & Lilly Pads/TSG Polka Dot
Hello & Bug Me Anytime
Other: CBEF Large Bubbles, Clear EP, 1" Circle Punch & Foam Tape








Happy Valentine's day to all I hope you all have a wonderful weekend of love. Now I am not just talking about romantic love I am talking about all types of love. Of course if you have a significant other that's nice but if not the love of a friend, neighbor, child, grandchild or even our fur babies. Go out into the world today and give a little love and you will be amazed at how much love comes back to you.



Ok now onto my card (once again I am sorry for the quality of the picture another late night photo shoot..lol). When I first started stamping over a decade or so ago things were pretty simple and basic. It was even hard to find supplies most of the times. If you were lucky enough to find the paper, ink, and a few embellishments you were quite content. Well needless to say the paper crafting industry today is full of more items than one person could use in a life time (although we will give it our best shot to do so). We have even reached the point where some cards are so layered and embellished that they need to be mailed out in a bubble mailer envelope and hand canceled. Soooooooo this Monday on SCS there was an additional challenge added to the regular learn a new technique challenge. It is called Clean And Simple...what a concept...lol we were given two samples of printed fabric for inspiration or you could pick your own pattern. Here is the one I chose

Now don't get me wrong I love learning new techniques but I am a very visual person and unless there is a step by step tutorial to go along with it I can not always figure it out. Hopefully this additional Monday challange will be posted every week even if the day of the week changes. Now I must say this was a bit challenging for me believe it or not because most of the time I am trying to throw in all the bells and whistles when I create a card. My card only uses one layer of card stock and the only layering is the frog, lilly pads, and the flowers and even these items are not popped up to high.







I think this new challenge would be a great way for people to get their feet wet if they have never tried a Split Coast challenge. We all have to start some where and we should not be intimidate by others work but inspired by it. I hope that this new challenge will at least get you to stop by and check out the site and all the other challenges.







I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I hope to be back tomorrow with another challenge card from todays SCS challenge. Until then take care and don't forget to tell someone today that you love them.







Peace and Love

Debbie

No comments: