Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inspiration for the Girls

Supplies: Paper Trey Vellum CS & DCWV DP
Stamps-Peace Sign from a set by Hanna
Ink-SU Craft White (and white EP)
Nesties-Paisley Die Cut
Other-punches from SU & Martha Stewart, Amuse bling, butterfly sticker & sequins
$! bin at JoAnn's




Hello and a happy Wednesday to you all. Please forgive me for not posting the last few days. It was a holiday weekend and we had a lot of family time and no stamp time which is not a bad thing. We are very blessed that my dh, dd and I always enjoy being together. I am impatiently waiting the arrival of my Portable Photo Studio which is a Valentine gift from my loving dh and dd. They are so very supportive of my crafting I am very lucky.



Ok now for my card this was the SCS Inspiration Challenge (IC167) and this week it was especially fun and meaningful. The inspiration that was given came from a site called Artful Bras Project which is a display of different bras created by a quilting group from South Carolina to memorialize those woman lost to breast cancer. The display is meant to raise awareness of breast cancer. I was especially touched because I lost my MIL to breast cancer in 1993. I know she would have gotten such a kick out of this project.

The bra I chose as my inspiration was the Love & Peace by Liz Florom (Click Here). Originally in my mind I wa going in a whole different direction with this but ended up not liking the card. So I went to take #2 and was pretty happy with the results. Taking the photo was a bit tough because of the vellum (which BTW is the Paper Trey Vellum Card Stock...LOVE IT!!!) and the white embossing on it. Also the bra itself was made with DP that had pastel colors. Even with that said I like it (if I don't say so myself.....hehe). I hope you take the time to look at all of the projects. I know these wonderful ladies put their heart and soul into each of these projects and what a better tribute to those lost. Also let this be a reminder to all of us ladies to make sure we get the girl's checked out at least once a year.



I hope you all have a wonderful day and take some time to stamp. I am going to try to combine a few challenges so I can catch up from last week. I wish you all peace, love and good health and please remember that we must ban together to help stamp out breast cancer so not another grandmother, mother, sister or friend will be lost to this disease. Remember early detection is the key to survival. Bless you all.


Peace Out
Debbie

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love the card! So cute!

Wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Proximity award...you can see my blog post for the details. Have a great day!

http://craftyengineering.blogspot.com/2009/02/upcoming-class-and-awards.html