Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yummy, Yummy Cupcakes

Cupcake ATC swap
Supplies: CS-SU
Ink: Versamark
Ribbon: Michael's
Stamp: SU
Bling: unknown
Other: Liquid Applique, Paper Crimper, SU scallop punch



Good Sunday morning to all. I woke up this morning to a very rare site in my neck of the woods CLOUDS. We do not get very many cloudy days here so I must say when we do they are very welcomed especially during those long hot relentlessly sunny days of summer. I must say though even this time of year we welcome the clouds. It makes me feel like sleeping in, baking, cooking up some homemade soup, and curling up with a good book. I grew up in the Midwest and never thought I would be saying that I love a cloudy day...lol.


Well I have another ATC card for you today from a swap I did awhile ago. The theme was any thing cupcake. At the time I did not own a cupcake stamp (I know gasp!!!) but never fear now I probably own to many (as if that could be possible..he he). So I had to make a pattern and the little cupcake on this ribbon inspired me. In fact it inspired me all the way through this project right down to the frosting on top which is Liquid Applique. Instead of heating the LA I let it air dry and it dries to a glossy finish. If you have not worked with this wonderful and versatile product give it a try. If you use your heat gun to dry it, it puffs up and looks like snow, frosting, popcorn, etc. Or you can as I did let it dry on it's own and it dries to a wonderful glossy finish. It is hard to see but I used my paper crimper on the cupcake paper base and then sponged some ink to highlight the ridges. I really had a great time creating this little card (all ten of them).


Whether it is sunny or cloudy where you are today I hope you make the most of this day. I hope you will be able to find the time to stamp some thing. I am hoping to finish some of the SCS challenges I started but did not finish from this last week. I am having lunch with my dh, dd, and a very good friend today which I am really looking forward to. Have a great day.


Peace Out
Debbie

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

ohhh that looks so cute! YUMMERS! Great job!

KOstvig said...

Love your cards and your cute musical card clip so cleaver of you...