Monday, March 30, 2009

Tell Them Some Bunny Loves Them Every Day










Hello and a good Monday morning to you all. I always try to be up beat on my blog but I must tell you that today I am feeling a little melonchaly. Today would have been my youngest Brother's 40th birthday he was 25 when he passed away from a motorcycle accident. He passed away two days after his 25th birthday on April 1st (which also happened to be Good Friday). I was almost 13 years old when Johhny was born and is was just what we need to bring our blended family together. Now I have loved babies even as a little girl and have always understood that they are God's gift to us. I adored my brother and felt we were kindred spirits and we were more that siblings since I helped raise him. Johnny was larger than life and could make you laugh until tears rolled down your face and your stomack hurt. It took him awhile to figure out what he wanted to do with his life but with the help of some very good friends they led him in the direction to go back to school. Johnny was 4 weeks away from graduating from Bryman University and would have been a surgical tech. He was so excited about this vocation and it was the happiest and most excited I had seen him in a long time. Many, many students and instructors came to my brothers funeral all with wonderful stories to tell. This was such a blessing form me, my brother Don and most of all my Parents.


We had also lost my MIL to breast cancer about five months prior to losing my brother. Needless to say we were still grieving her loss when my Brother passed. Some times tragedies like these can break a marriage apart but for my wonderful Husband and me it brought us closer together which I believe was God's grace.


So today I will raise a glass in honor of my brother on the anniversary of his 40th birthday and try to spend my day remembering all the good times and laughter I shared with Johnny. I also want to remind you all that it is very important to tell those that are important to you that you love and appreciate them because we just never know what the future will bring. I will leave you with one of my Brother's favorite sayings...Life is uncertain so eat dessert first...great words to live by...lol.

Ok enough of my ramblings onto the fun stuff. I was in an ATC swap at SCS which theme was Hoppity Easter. I made this bunny ATC because I just fell in love with this little bunny. I feel like he is peeking out to see if Spring is here yet. I paper pieced the flower pot and also cut out the bunny image and popped it up. I tried to go more clean and simple this time. Of course no bunny would be complete without a basket to carry their eggs in. I found the tutoiral HERE and the great part is no cutting just scoring and using a 6X6 DP. I should have put something in the basket when it was photographed but I was in a hurry as usually to get these pictures taken.


Well that's all for now thanks for allowing me to share my feeling about my Brother Johnny. I hope you have a wonderful week and take a little time to stamp something. Take care.


Peace Out
Debbie

No comments: