Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just Another Card Post

I did the card base in white so that the quilling would show up better and not get lost. The quilling paper and tool came with the Klutz book. I tore some DP paper and used sheer ribbon form Michael's. This was really fun and really not hard at all. If you don't want to invest in a book you can Google quilling and find many great sites with patterns & instructions. Hope you'll give this a try. Have fun with it.


Hello and Happy Tuesday everyone. I just realized the hardest part about posting is trying to come up with a snappy title..lol. As you can see I completely missed that boat today...lol. I am posting another card that I had done over the summer and sent to another of my SCS friends Michelle.



I wanted to try my hand at quilling and I really had fun. I learned a good part of it from a Klutz book. They had plain and simple directions (ok I know simple pleasures for simple minds...ha ha). The great thing about quilling is that you can make some awesome embellishments for your cards and scrapbook pages for not a lot of money. I will be doing this again soon I purchased a kit to make penguins. I think I love penguins as much a I love snowmen. I do know I need to start soon so I can get a few done before the holidays which are currently breathing down our necks get here.



The other day I gave you the blog site for Nan at Pots & Pans (just scroll down). You would be doing yourself a favor by visiting her blog. Beside great recipes and wonderful sewing projects I know you will love her witty stories ( not to mention the most adorable pics of her grandson Max). She is very good at not only making you laugh at her words but also helping you to laugh at yourself. I don't know about you but there are far to many serious things going on in the world right now and we could all use a breath of fresh air which is what Nan and her blog are. So when you have a minute drop on in and say hello to Nan trust me you will be glad you did.



Well that is all for now I will be checking in with you all tomorrow. I hope you have a glorious day and don't forget to count your blessings. I find that no matter how awful I think my day has been I can always find a blessing to be thankful for. Take care.




Peace Out



Debbie

5 comments:

Carolyn King said...

that is beautiful! might have to give quilling a try! Fantastic flowers!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I agree-titles are hard to think up. Your card is so darling. I've never tried quilling. The white bg really makes the quilling pop out.

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

hi deb,
i couldn't find an email addy for you, so i'm leaving this comment. i just want to thank you for leaving me the comment on my blog about making the rolo pretzels. it sounds SO EASY!! i am definitely going to give them a try and you were so sweet to take the time out to type all that out for me. i really appreciate it.
hugs, sus

Julia Aston said...

Love your quilling! I've done a few things with it - and you are inspiring me to do some more! very pretty flowers on this!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

I am so happy that you are still quilling! I've been hording the ones that you sent to me lol.